Remember yesterday when I said I was doing some baking? Well, Curly Girl and I tried a new pumpkin bread recipe and it is delicious! Munchkin has already had two pieces. Anyway, here's the recipe for anyone that's interested. It's from Allrecipes.com
Pumpkin Pie Bread
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture alternately with water. Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. For best flavor, store wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for a full day before serving.
Check out Life As Mom for other fall recipes!