Monday, December 15, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things...

The house is finally all decorated, the tree is up now I need to get started on the baking and wrapping. I'll post some pictures of the tree tomorrow but for now here are a few of my favorite decorations...
My Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer collection

My family is mostly all in the real estate business and one year I remember telling my Mom that I felt like Herbie the Elf in Rudolph who didn't want to be an elf, he wanted to be a dentist. I didn't want to be a Realtor anymore. I wanted to do something different. I saw these figurines one time and had to have them.



My railing and staircase

For years now I've been collecting Dept 56 and Kohl's Christmas houses. Some I've bought, some my Hubby bought and some came from my parents and my friend.

Main Street

Hubby and I got married in December 2001 in a church that looked just like this one.

Here we are!

Dept 56 Dickens Village



This Santa and the pair below are very special to me because my parents painted them when I was very little. I remember growing up and seeing these out on display when I was little. They always remind me of my parents and the beautiful memories they always made sure that us kids had for Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

Check out boomama.net and Julia for more beautiful holiday decor!



17 comments:

Becky said...

I love your village! I used to collect the Snow Village and the North Pole Village for my daughters and now they're married and decorate there homes with them. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Everything looks lovely - merry, merry Christmas!

Carol said...

I love all the Rudolph peeps! Thanks for sharing with us.

Merry Christmas!

Phillips Family said...

The garland on your bansiter is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Carole Burant said...

Thank you so much for such a delightful tour of your home, everything looks so beautifully decorated for Christmas:-) I really love all the houses you have for your village. Merry Christmas to you and yours! xo

Anonymous said...

Love this tour. The abominable (sp) snow man was my favorite!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh, I really love your Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer collection! I've got a few ornaments from it that I bought my daughter, but nothing like these.

Thanks for joining my blog party and inviting us into your home! -Julia :-)

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing that!!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Your railing and staircase are so pretty! I just love what you did with it!
Carrie

Kasey said...

Love your houses. ARen't they so inviting?

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

I love your homes and it's so nice you have your parent's santas.

Jenny said...

Rudolph is one of my favorites. I love the elf story. Your village looks amazing - what a collection! Thanks for the holiday tour. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Your house is beautiful and I love the painted Santa! Thanks for sharing your home with all of us!
Merry Christmas!
-Kim

Carly said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your home.

Merry Christmas,
Carly

Decor To Adore said...

I love your decorations~absolutely adorable!
I hope you'll visit soon, I will have my last giveaway of December this Friday.

Kimba said...

I love your Rudolph collection! My son is obsessed with the original Rudolph so I've been on the hunt for something like that.

Merry Christmas!
Kimba

Tiffany said...

Stunning staircase, Super MOMMY! And the Rudolph figurings are awesome! I had to giggle! Love them! Thanks for inviting us over. Pop on over to my house/blog so we can extend some hospitality your way as well. Merriest of Christmas blessings to you and yours!