Friday, July 25, 2008

Groundhog Day


Some days I feel like my day is on a constantly looping tape. Clean up after kids, pick up toys, go in the other room to do the dishes, come back out to the family room, clean up after the kids....over and over again.

Today I vacumned (how the heck do you spell that word!) the house. I just finished up cleaning upstairs and putting the vacumn away when the kids appear from out of nowhere with a bowl filled with Cheese Its and Blueberry Muffin Frosted Mini Wheats (the best cereal!). Of course where does it end up....all over the freakin' carpet I just vacummed!

If it's not the kids it's the dog or the cats. After the kids go to bed the Hubs and I quickly clean up any stray toys that the kids didn't get and settle down to watch tv (go on the computer). As soon as my butt hits the couch...wait...what's that I hear? Oh, just the stupid cat puking up all the food she just ate.

Whoever says that it's easy being home with the kids has never had to stay home with them. It's like that old saying, "Cleaning up with kids is like shoveling snow during a snowstorm." Or however it goes.

What's that I hear? Oh, just an entire box of Cheerios dumped on the floor I just mopped.

1 comment:

Centsible Mommy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog to enter the Card cubby giveaway. The winner wil be randomly selected on Monday Morning, so please be sure to check back to see if you've won.

I agree with you 100% about this. Although rewarding, it seems I work 10 x harder as a SAHM then I ever did at any job I've had. People who think it's easy have never done it. I have a few working mothers who have made comments as if I sit on the couch and eat bon bons all day...I wish!!

I am glad to see another SAHM who agrees it is hard work!

Have a great day,
Jamie